Benefits of angelica herb plant
What are benefits of angelica herb plant for health? – Angelica is a herbaceous plant of the Apiaceae family, a subspecies that is cultivated in the stems and roots. This herb is often used as a flavor enhancer or perfume.
Angelica is also used to help overcome some health problems such as digestive disorders, flatulence, abdominal cramps, rheumatism, and skin disorders.
In addition, angelica plants have also been used as an antiseptic to relieve muscle spasms and as a treatment for respiratory disorders such as bronchitis.
Some women use angelica plants to launch the menstrual cycle and induce uterine cramps for abortion. In combination with other herbs, angelica is also used to treat premature ejaculation.
How does it work?
There is not enough research on how angelica plants work. Discuss with your herbalist or doctor for more information.
However, there are several studies that show that angelica plants have the following functions:
- As a tranquilizer
The information provided below is not a substitute for medical recommendations. Always consult your herbalist or doctor before taking this medication.
What dose is commonly used for angelica for adults?
Doses of the herbs can be different in each patient. The dose you need depends on your age, health, and some other conditions. Herbs are not always safe for consumption. Discuss with an herbalist or doctor for a dose that suits you best.
In what form angelica is available?
The forms and preparations of angelica plants are:
- Whole herbs
- Rub medicine
Side effects of angelica plant
What side effects can angelica cause?
Some of the most common side effects of using angelica plants are:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Stomach cramps
- Skin irritation
- Allergic reactions
In more severe cases, bleeding may occur when used in conjunction with anticoagulants
Not everyone has this side effect. There may be other side effects not listed above. If you have concerns about certain side effects, please consult your herbalist or doctor.
What should I know before consuming angelica?
Some things you should know before eating angelica plants are:
- You should ask your doctor how to use this herb as a solution or liquid extract, or in the form of whole herbs.
Many products need to be diluted beforehand. Solutions should be used with liquids. The essential oil is thawed before use.
- Use sunscreen and protective clothing to prevent burns such as sunburn that can occur with the use of this herb. Do not store this herb in plastic because a reaction to essential oils may occur.
- Regulations that regulate the use of herbal plant supplements are not as restrictive as drug regulation. Further research is needed to know its safety. Before using, make sure the benefits of using herbal supplements outweigh the risks. Consult an herbalist or doctor for more information.
How secure is angelica?
Angelica should not be used during pregnancy because it can cause miscarriage. Also, avoid using during breastfeeding.
Someone with diabetes (this herb can increase blood glucose), peptic ulcer, or bleeding disorder should use this herb with caution.
What interactions might occur when I take angelica?
This herbal plant can interact with other medications or with your health condition. Consult an herbalist or physician prior to use. Some interactions that may occur when eating angelica plants are:
- The use of anticoagulants (heparin, warfarin), antiplatelet, and herbs together can increase pro-thrombin time and prolong bleeding. Avoid using these herbs along with all anticoagulants.
- It can interact with many other herbs and has the potential to bleed.