What Drug Ketoprofen?
What’s Ketoprofen for?
Ketoprofen is a medicine to alleviate ache on account of numerous situations. This drug is commonly used to scale back ache, swelling, and stiffness of joints on account of arthritis, arthritis, rheumatism, and gout.
Ketoprofen is a category of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAIDs). These medicine work by blocking the manufacturing of pure substances within the physique that trigger irritation. This impact helps you cut back swelling, ache, or fever.
In case you are treating a persistent situation reminiscent of arthritis, ask your physician about non-drug remedy and / or utilizing different drugs to deal with your ache. See additionally warning part.
Ketoprofen dosage and ketoprofen unwanted side effects are described beneath.
How do you’re taking Ketoprofen?
In case you are utilizing a non-prescription ketoprofen product, learn all of the directions on the packaging earlier than utilizing the drugs. In case your physician prescribes this treatment, learn the Medicine Directions sheet supplied by your pharmacist earlier than utilizing Ketoprofen and every time you refill it. You probably have any questions, ask your physician or pharmacist.
Take the treatment, often 3-Four instances a day with a glass of water (240mL) or as directed by your physician. Don’t lie down for at the least 10 minutes after taking the drugs. Should you expertise abdomen upset whereas utilizing this drugs, use it with meals, milk or antacids.
The dosage of this drug relies in your well being situation and response to remedy. To cut back the danger of abdomen bleeding and different unwanted side effects, use the bottom attainable dose of the efficient drug. Don’t improve your dose or use it extra typically than your physician recommends. Don’t use non-prescription drugs for greater than 10 days except advisable. For different situations reminiscent of arthritis (arthritis), proceed to make use of this drug as directed by your physician. Focus on the potential dangers and advantages together with your physician or pharmacist.
In case you are taking this treatment "on demand" (not on an everyday schedule), keep in mind that ache drugs work finest if they’re used in the beginning of the ache. Should you look forward to the ache to worsen, the treatment might not work as nicely.
In case you are taking this treatment for a migraine headache and the ache doesn’t enhance, or if it will get worse after the primary dose, inform your physician instantly.
For sure situations (reminiscent of arthritis), it will possibly take as much as 2 weeks for normal use of the drug to really feel the advantages.
In case your situation persists or worsens, or in the event you assume you might have a severe well being downside, search medical assist instantly.
Comply with the foundations given by your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning therapy. You probably have any questions, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
How is Ketoprofen saved?
This treatment is finest saved at room temperature, away from direct gentle and damp locations. Don't preserve it within the lavatory. Don't freeze it. Different manufacturers of this drug might have totally different storage guidelines. Observe the storage directions on the product package deal or ask your pharmacist. Preserve all medicines away from youngsters and pets.
Don’t flush medicines down the bathroom or down the drain except instructed to take action. Discard this product when it has expired or when it’s now not wanted. Seek the advice of your pharmacist or native waste disposal firm about methods to safely eliminate your product.
The knowledge supplied just isn’t an alternative choice to medical recommendation. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning therapy.
What’s the ketoprofen dosage for adults?
Ketoprofen dosage for ache and irritation of musculoskeletal and joints:
50-100 mg by deep injection into the gluteal muscle each Four hours. Most dose: 200 mg in 24 hours for Three days
Ketoprofen dosage for ache and irritation:
25-50 mg orally each 6-Eight hours Most dose: 300 mg / day in divided doses.
Ketoprofen dosage for rheumatic problems:
Oral: 100-200 mg / day in 2-Four divided doses. Most dose: 300 mg / day in divided doses.
Rectal: 100 mg each day or twice each day. Shouldn’t be greater than 200 mg / day
What’s the ketoprofen dosage for kids?
There isn’t a provision for the dose of ketoprofen for kids. This drug could be harmful for kids. You will need to perceive the security of medication earlier than use. Seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist for extra info.
In what dosage is Ketoprofen out there?
Ketoprofen is obtainable within the following dosages.
- Capsule, Oral: 50 mg, 75 mg
- Prolonged-Launch Capsule, Oral: 200 mg
Ketoprofen unwanted side effects
What unwanted side effects could be skilled on account of Ketoprofen?
Widespread unwanted side effects of ketoprofen embody:
- Abdomen ache, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation; bloating
- Dizziness, headache, nervousness
- Itching or pores and skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Plenty of sweating, colds
- Blurred imaginative and prescient or
- Ringing in ears
Cease utilizing ketoprofen and search quick medical care or contact a health care provider in the event you expertise any of the next severe unwanted side effects:
- Chest ache, weak point, tightness, inner speech, issues with imaginative and prescient or steadiness
- Black, bloody, or darkish stools, coughing up blood or vomiting like espresso
- Confusion, tremors or chills
- Much less or much less BAK
- Nausea, abdomen ache, low-grade fever, no urge for food, darkish urine, putty bowel actions, jaundice (yellowing of the pores and skin or eyes)
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with blisters, peeling, and pink pores and skin rash
- Bruising, extreme tingling, numbness, ache, muscle weak point; or
Not everybody experiences the next unwanted side effects. There could also be some unwanted side effects not listed above. You probably have issues about sure unwanted side effects, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Ketoprofen Drug Warnings and Cautions
What ought to be identified earlier than utilizing Ketoprofen?
Earlier than utilizing Ketoprofen,
- Inform your physician and pharmacist in case you are allergic to Ketoprofen, aspirin or different NSAIDs reminiscent of ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), different medicine, or the inactive substances of Ketoprofen capsules or prolonged launch capsules. Ask your pharmacist for a listing of inactive substances
- Inform your physician and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medicine, nutritional vitamins, dietary dietary supplements, and natural merchandise you’re utilizing or planning to make use of
- Inform your physician you probably have or have had any situations reminiscent of bronchial asthma, particularly in the event you even have frequent colds or nasal congestion or nasal polyps (swelling contained in the nostril); swelling of the palms, arms, legs, ankles, or decrease legs; or liver or kidney illness
- Inform your physician in case you are pregnant, particularly the previous few months of being pregnant; planning to get pregnant; or are breastfeeding. In case you are pregnant and are taking Ketoprofen, contact your physician
- If you will have surgical procedure, reminiscent of dental surgical procedure, inform your physician or dentist that you’re taking Ketoprofen
Is Ketoprofen secure for pregnant and lactating girls?
There isn’t a satisfactory analysis on the dangers of utilizing ketoprofen in pregnant or breastfeeding girls. All the time seek the advice of your physician to weigh the potential advantages and dangers earlier than utilizing this treatment. This drug is included within the danger of being pregnant class C based on the US Meals and Drug Administration (FDA).
The next references the being pregnant danger classes based on the FDA:
- A = Not in danger
- B = No danger in a number of research
- C = Perhaps dangerous
- D = There may be optimistic proof of danger
- X = Contraindicated
- N = Unknown
Ketoprofen Drug Interactions
What medicines might work together with Ketoprofen?
Drug interactions can change the efficiency of your drugs or improve the danger of significant unwanted side effects. Not all attainable drug interactions are listed on this doc. Preserve a listing of all of the merchandise you utilize (together with prescription / non-prescription medicine and natural merchandise) and seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist. Don’t begin, cease, or change the dose of any drugs with out your physician's approval.
Inform your physician in case you are taking antidepressants reminiscent of citalopram (Celexa), duloxetine (Cymbalta), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem, Symbyax), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloorft), or venlafaxine ). Utilizing this treatment with Ketoprofen might trigger you to bruise or bleed simply.
Earlier than utilizing Ketoprofen, inform your physician in case you are taking any of the next medicine:
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune)
- Lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- Probenecid (Benemid)
- Blood thinners reminiscent of warfarin (Coumadin), or anti-platelet medicine reminiscent of clopidogrel (Plavix), dipyridamole (Persantine), ticlopidine (Ticlid), and others
- Steroids (prednisone and others)
- Aspirin, or different NSAIDs reminiscent of diclofenac (Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine), fenoprofen (Nalfon), flurbiprofen (Ansaid), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), indomethacin (Indocin), ketorolac (Toradol), mefenamic acid (Ponstel), meloxicamel (Mobic), nabumetone (Relafen), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), piroxicam (Feldene), and others
Can meals or alcohol work together with Ketoprofen?
Sure medicine shouldn’t be used with meals or when consuming sure meals as a result of drug interactions can happen. Consuming alcohol or tobacco with sure medicine also can trigger interactions to happen. Focus on your use of medication with meals, alcohol, or tobacco together with your well being care supplier.
What well being situations can work together with Ketoprofen?
The presence of different well being issues in your physique might have an effect on using this drug. Inform your physician you probably have different well being issues, specifically:
- Anemia or
- Bronchial asthma or
- Bleeding issues or
- Blood clots or
- Edema (water retention or physique swelling) or
- Historical past of coronary heart assault or
- Coronary heart illness (eg congestive coronary heart illness) or
- Hypertension or
- Kidney illness or
- Liver illness (eg hepatitis) or
- Abdomen or intestinal ulcers or bleeding or
- Historical past of stroke — use with warning. This drugs could make the situation worse
- Aspirin delicate historical past — this drug ought to NOT be given to sufferers with this situation
- Coronary heart surgical procedure (eg, coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgical procedure) – this treatment ought to NOT be used for ache reduction earlier than or after surgical procedure
What ought to I do in an emergency or overdose?
In case of an emergency or overdose, contact the native emergency providers supplier (118/119) or instantly to the closest hospital emergency division.
Signs of an overdose embody:
- Not highly effective
- Belly ache
- Shallow breath
What ought to I do if I miss a dose?
Should you overlook a dose of this drugs, take it as quickly as attainable. Nevertheless, when it’s nearing the time of the subsequent dose, skip the missed dose and return to the standard dosing schedule. Don't double the dose.
Hi there Well being Group and Hi there Sehat don’t present medical recommendation, prognosis or therapy. Please verify our editorial coverage web page for extra detailed info.