What’s Tenoxicam for?
Tenoxicam is a drug that belongs to a bunch of medication referred to as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (NSAIDs), that are used to scale back irritation and ache in joints and muscle mass and in addition cut back fever.
Tenoxicam Pill is used to deal with:
– osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
– quick time period accidents resembling sprains and different comfortable tissue accidents.
Find out how to use tenoxicam?
At all times use Tenoxicam as your physician recommends. Ask your physician or pharmacist in the event you really feel uncertain. Texonicam tablets should be taken by mouth, with water or different liquids and with meals.
Find out how to retailer Tenoxicam?
This drug is greatest saved at room temperature, away from direct mild and damp locations. Don’t retailer within the rest room. Don't freeze it. Different manufacturers of this drug might have totally different storage guidelines. Observe the storage directions on the product packaging or ask your pharmacist. Maintain all medicines out of the attain of kids and pets.
Don’t flush medication in the bathroom or within the sewer except instructed. Discard this product when it has expired or whether it is now not wanted. Seek the advice of your pharmacist or native waste disposal firm about easy methods to safely get rid of your product.
The knowledge supplied isn’t an alternative to medical recommendation. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning therapy.
What’s the dose of tenoxicam for adults?
The standard day by day dose is 20 mg, consumed 1 desk on the similar time every single day. Don’t use Tenoxicam greater than the physician recommends.
Momentary harm: Regular therapy mustn’t final greater than 7 days, however for extreme circumstances, it may be continued for a most of 14 days.
Aged sufferers: Your physician will use the bottom dose potential and can maintain checking on you to see if there are any unintended effects.
What’s the dose of tenoxicam for kids?
Security and efficacy haven’t been decided for pediatric sufferers (lower than 18 years).
At what dose is Tenoxicam out there?
Tablets 20 mg
Unwanted side effects
What unintended effects may be skilled on account of tenoxicam?
Cease utilizing this drug and search medical assist instantly. The next generally is a signal of an allergic response. For those who expertise:
- indigestion or heartburn
- lack of urge for food (anorexia)
- darkish stool
- much less blood
- abdomen ache or discomfort
- feeling or ache (particularly vomiting blood or darkish particles that appear like espresso grounds)
Different well being issues embrace:
- the gathering of fluids within the physique, together with the toes, which causes swelling
- adjustments in blood resembling a lower in crimson blood cells or white blood cells (which might make you are feeling drained or wanting breath and might make you an infection) or different signs that will embrace sore throat, bruising or bleeding, thrush, fever, or malaise (agranulocytosis) . If these signs happen, please seek the advice of your physician
- headache and dizziness, vertigo
- usually really feel unwell
- buzzing within the ears (tinnitus)
- kidney irritation, kidney issues or kidney failure
- pores and skin rashes or itching
- blisters of the pores and skin
- irritation of the blood vessels (vasculitis)
- swollen eyes, blurred imaginative and prescient, eye issues.
Not everybody experiences the next unintended effects. There could also be some unintended effects not talked about above. When you have considerations about sure unintended effects, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Prevention & Warnings
What needs to be identified earlier than utilizing tenoxicam?
Don’t use this medication if:
- You’re allergic to tenoxicam or one of many different tenoxicam components
- You beforehand took different NSAIDs (resembling ibuprofen) or aspirin and had an allergic response. This response could also be indicators of bronchial asthma (eg wheezing), runny nostril, pores and skin swelling or itching.
- You’ve gotten, or have had a abdomen ulcer or duodenum (gut)
- Have you ever ever suffered bleeding within the abdomen or gut (gastrointestinal bleeding) or bleeding within the mind (cerebrovascular bleeding) or you’ve a bleeding dysfunction
- You are taking medication to stop blood clots (resembling warfarin)
- You’ve gotten extreme liver illness, kidney or coronary heart failure
You’re pregnant or planning to develop into pregnant, or you might be breastfeeding
- Your physician tells you that you simply at present have a blood dysfunction referred to as thrombocytopenia.
Let your physician or pharmacist know in case you are unsure you might be experiencing the above circumstances.
Is tenoxicam secure for pregnant and breastfeeding ladies?
There may be not sufficient details about security in utilizing this drug throughout being pregnant and breastfeeding. At all times seek the advice of your physician to think about the potential advantages and dangers earlier than utilizing this medication.
What medicines may work together with tenoxicam?
Though some medication is probably not taken collectively in any respect, in different circumstances some medication can be used collectively though interactions might happen. In circumstances like this, your physician might change the dose, or do different prevention issues which are wanted. Let your physician know in case you are taking different medicines, each over-the-counter and from a prescription.
Please inform your physician or pharmacist in case you are utilizing, or have lately stopped utilizing, one of many following medicines:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (NSAIDs) resembling aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen
- any remedy used to deal with coronary heart issues or hypertension for instance– "Water pills" resembling bendroflumethiazide, furosemide or acetazolamide, beta-blockers like atenolol
- medication that stop blood clots like warfarin
- lithium, which is used to deal with despair
- medication for diabetes (eg glibenclamide) cyclosporine, tacrolimus, used to stop and deal with rejection of organ transplants and in addition utilized in immune illnesses
- methotrexate, used to deal with sure varieties of most cancers, or for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Corticosteroids (resembling cortisol or cortisone) are used to deal with irritation
- Quinolone antibiotics to deal with infections resembling ciprofloxacin
- mifepristone (taken within the final 12 days) normally– prescribed by a hospital and used for abortion
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (medication used to deal with despair) resembling paroxetine–
- zidovudine (a drug used to deal with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV))
Can meals or alcohol work together with tenoxicam?
Sure medicines shouldn’t be used when consuming or when consuming sure meals as a result of drug interactions can happen. Consuming alcohol or tobacco with sure medication also can trigger interactions to happen. Focus on your use of medication with meals, alcohol, or tobacco along with your well being care supplier.
What well being circumstances can work together with tenoxicam?
Different well being circumstances that you’ve got can have an effect on the usage of this drug. At all times inform your physician if in case you have different well being issues.
What ought to I do in an emergency or overdose?
In circumstances of emergency or overdose, contact your native emergency providers supplier (115) or instantly to the closest hospital emergency division.
What ought to I do if I miss a dose?
For those who neglect one dose of this medication, take it as quickly as potential. However when it’s nearing the subsequent dose, skip the missed dose and return to the same old dosage schedule. Don’t double the dose.
Good day Well being Group doesn’t present medical recommendation, analysis, or therapy.