Arimed, Atrocox 7.5 / Atrocox 15, Denilox, Flamoxi, Flasicox, Futamel, Loxil, Loximei, Meflam, Melet, Melogra, Meloxicam Otto, Meloxin, Mexpharm, Movi-Cox, Movix, Moxam, Moxic, Ostoxox, Relox, Remelac, Rhox , Velcox, X-Cam, Artrilox, Cameloc, Hexcam, Loxinic, Mecox, Meloxicam OGB Dexa Medica, Meloxicam OGB Medikon, Mevilox, Mobiflex, Nulox / Nulox Forte, Paxicam, Remacam and meloxicam-medicine.
What’s Meloxicam for?
Meloxicam is a drugs to scale back ache, swelling, and stiffness in joints. Meloxicam is commonly used to deal with arthritis and gout. This drug belongs to the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) class.
When you deal with continual circumstances akin to arthritis, ask your physician about non-drug remedies to deal with ache. Additionally take note of the warning part.
OTHER USES: OTHER USES: This part accommodates the usage of medicine that aren’t listed on the checklist accepted by BPOM however could also be really useful by a well being skilled. Use this medication within the circumstances listed on this part if really useful by your well being care skilled.
The dose of meloxicam and the uncomfortable side effects of meloxicam will likely be defined additional under.
What are the Meloxicam consuming guidelines?
Observe the principles given by your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning therapy. When you have questions, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Take meloxicam as directed by your physician, normally as soon as a day. Drink with a glass of mineral water (eight ounces / 240 milliliters) until your physician instructs one thing else. Don’t lie down for at the very least 10 minutes after taking the drugs.
When you take this medication in liquid kind, gently shake the bottle earlier than consuming. Watch out in measuring the dose utilizing a particular measuring instrument / spoon. Don't use tablespoons since you gained't get the correct quantity.
When you really feel nauseous when taking medication, it may be accompanied by meals, milk, or antacids. Dose is decided primarily based on medical circumstances and response to therapy. All the time use the bottom dose, and solely based on the really useful time. Don’t drink greater than 15 mg per day as a result of the upper the dose the extra the chance of bleeding within the abdomen.
This medication takes as much as two weeks to get the most effective outcomes. Take medication commonly to get most outcomes. Keep in mind to at all times drink on the identical time on daily basis. Inform the physician if the situation worsens.
Easy methods to retailer Meloxicam?
This drug is greatest saved at room temperature, away from direct mild and damp locations. Don’t retailer within the toilet. Don't freeze it. Different manufacturers of this drug might have totally different storage guidelines. Observe the storage directions on the product packaging or ask your pharmacist. Preserve all medicines out of the attain of kids and pets.
Don’t flush medication in the bathroom or within the sewer until instructed. Discard this product when it has expired or whether it is now not wanted. Seek the advice of your pharmacist or native waste disposal firm about how one can safely eliminate your product.
The knowledge offered isn’t an alternative to medical recommendation. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning therapy.
What’s the dose of Meloxicam for adults?
Meloxicam dose for osteoarthritis
Preliminary dose: 7.5 mg as soon as a day
Upkeep dose: 7.5 mg as soon as a day
Most dose: 15 mg per day
What’s the dose of Meloxicam for youngsters?
Meloxicam dose for juvenille rheumatoid arthritis
Greater than or equal to 2 years: 0.125 mg / kg as soon as a day. Most dose: 7.5 mg per day
In what dosages is Meloxicam out there?
Tablets: 7.5 mg, 15 mg.
Uncomfortable side effects
What uncomfortable side effects could be skilled as a result of Meloxicam?
Search medical assist instantly in case you expertise an allergic response: hives; problem respiration; swelling on the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Cease taking remedy and search instant medical assist in case you expertise critical uncomfortable side effects from meloxicam, akin to:
- Chest ache, fatigue, shortness of breath, unclear speech, issues with imaginative and prescient or stability
- Stool is darkish, or bloody
- Swelling or fast weight acquire
- Urinating much less regularly than regular or by no means
- Nausea, ache within the higher stomach, itching, lack of urge for food, darkish urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the pores and skin or eyes)
- Rashes on the pores and skin, bruises, extreme tingling
- Extreme pores and skin reactions – fever, sore throat, swelling of the face or tongue, burning eyes, painful pores and skin, a reddish or rash that spreads (particularly on the face and higher physique) and causes pores and skin to blister and peel
Much less critical uncomfortable side effects of meloxicam are:
- Abdomen aches, diarrhea, bloating
- Dizziness, nervousness, headache
- Nasal congestion or runny nostril
- Rashes on the pores and skin
Not everybody experiences the next uncomfortable side effects. There could also be some uncomfortable side effects not talked about above. When you have considerations about sure uncomfortable side effects, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Prevention & Warnings
What ought to be recognized earlier than utilizing Meloxicam?
Earlier than utilizing meloxicam,
- Inform your physician and pharmacist in case you are allergic to meloxicam, aspirin or different NSAIDs akin to ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), or different medicines
- Inform your physician and pharmacist about prescription or nonprescription medicine, nutritional vitamins, dietary dietary supplements, and natural merchandise that you’re taking and can use. Make sure to point out these medicine: angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) substances akin to benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), fosinopril (Monopril), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), and quinapril (Accupril); cholestyramine (Questran); diuretics (‘water pills’); lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid, and so forth.); and methotrexate (Rheumatrex). Your physician might change the dosage of the drug or carefully monitor your progress from numerous uncomfortable side effects
- Inform your physician when you have expertise with bronchial asthma, particularly in case you typically expertise nasal congestion and runny nostril or nasal polyps; swelling of the palms, toes, ankles; kidney or liver illness
- Let your physician know in case you are pregnant, particularly in case you really feel over the past months of being pregnant, plan to develop into pregnant, or are breastfeeding. When you develop into pregnant throughout meloxicam use, contact a physician
- If you’ll do surgical procedure, together with dental surgical procedure, inform your physician or dentist that you’re utilizing meloxicam
Is Meloxicam secure for pregnant and breastfeeding girls?
There is no such thing as a enough analysis on the dangers of drug use in pregnant or nursing girls. All the time seek the advice of your physician to think about the potential advantages and dangers earlier than utilizing this medication. Meloxicam is included within the class D threat of being pregnant (there may be proof of threat in pregnant girls) based on the US Meals and Medication Administration (FDA), so it isn’t really useful to be taken whereas pregnant.
The next are references to being pregnant threat classes based on the FDA:
- A = No threat
- B = No threat in a number of research
- C = Possibly dangerous
- D = There’s optimistic proof of threat
- X = Contraindications
- N = Unknown
Meloxicam could be channeled via breast milk and may hurt the infant. Don’t use this medication with out telling your physician in case you are breastfeeding.
What medicines may work together with Meloxicam?
Drug interactions can change the efficiency of your remedy or enhance the chance of great uncomfortable side effects. Not all doable drug interactions are listed on this doc. Preserve a listing of all of the merchandise you utilize (together with prescription / nonprescription medicines and natural merchandise) and seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist. Don’t begin, cease or change the dose of any drug with out the physician's approval.
Ask your physician earlier than utilizing antidepressants akin to citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem, Symbyax), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), or sertraline (Zoloft). Utilizing one among these medicine with NSAIDs could cause bruising and bleed simply.
Inform your physician concerning the medicines you utilize, particularly:
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune)
- Lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)
- Diuretics (water tablets) akin to furosemide (Lasix)
- Glyburide (DiaBeta, Micronase)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- Blood thinners, akin to warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- Sodium polystyrene sulfonate (Kayexalate, Kionex)
- Steroids (prednisone and others)
- ACE substances akin to benazepril (Lotensin), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), and so forth.
- Aspirin or different NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine) akin to diclofenac (Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), and others
Can meals or alcohol work together with Meloxicam?
Sure medicines shouldn’t be used when consuming or when consuming sure meals as a result of drug interactions can happen. Consuming alcohol or tobacco with sure medicine also can trigger interactions to happen. Talk about your use of medicine with meals, alcohol, or tobacco together with your well being care supplier.
What well being circumstances can work together with Meloxicam?
Different well being issues in your physique can have an effect on the usage of this drug. Inform your physician when you have different well being issues, particularly:
- Bronchial asthma
- Issues with bleeding
- Congestive coronary heart failure
- Historical past of coronary heart assault
- Coronary heart or blood vessel illness
- Hypertension (hypertension)
- Kidney sickness
- Liver illness
- Intestinal bleeding
- Stroke historical past unakan Use with warning. Can worsen the situation
- Aspirin-sensitive bronchial asthma – shouldn’t be given to sufferers with this situation
Coronary heart surgical procedure (coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)) el Meloxicam shouldn’t be given for ache earlier than or after surgical procedure.
What ought to I do in an emergency or overdose?
In instances of emergency or overdose, contact the emergency companies supplier (112) or instantly to the closest hospital emergency division.
Indicators of an overdose embrace:
- Lack of power
- Throws up
- Abdomen ache
- Stool is darkish and bloody
- Vomiting blood or seems to be like espresso grounds
- Issue respiration
What ought to I do if I miss a dose?
When you neglect one dose of this medication, take it as quickly as doable. Nevertheless, when it’s nearing the subsequent dose, skip the missed dose and return to the standard dosage schedule. Don’t double the dose.
Good day Well being Group doesn’t present medical recommendation, prognosis or therapy.