Arimed, Atrocox 7.5 / Atrocox 15, Denilox, Flamoxi, Flasicox, Futamel, Loxil, Loximei, Meflam, Melet, Melogra, Meloxicam Otto, Meloxin, Mexpharm, Movi-Cox, Movix, Moxam, Moxic, Ostoxox, Relox, Remelac, Rhox , Velcox, X-Cam, Artrilox, Cameloc, Hexcam, Loxinic, Mecox, Meloxicam OGB Dexa Medica, Meloxicam OGB Medikon, Mevilox, Mobiflex, Nulox / Nulox Forte, Paxicam, Remacam and meloxicam-medicine.
What’s Meloxicam for?
Meloxicam is a medication to cut back ache, swelling, and stiffness in joints. Meloxicam is commonly used to deal with arthritis and gout. This drug belongs to the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) class.
In the event you deal with power situations reminiscent of arthritis, ask your physician about non-drug remedies to deal with ache. Additionally take note of the warning part.
OTHER USES: OTHER USES: This part incorporates the usage of medicine that aren’t listed on the record permitted by BPOM however could also be really helpful by a well being skilled. Use this medication within the situations listed on this part if really helpful by your well being care skilled.
The dose of meloxicam and the unintended effects of meloxicam shall be defined additional beneath.
What are the Meloxicam ingesting guidelines?
Comply with the foundations given by your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning therapy. When you have questions, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Take meloxicam as directed by your physician, normally as soon as a day. Drink with a glass of mineral water (eight ounces / 240 milliliters) except your physician instructs one thing else. Don’t lie down for not less than 10 minutes after taking the medication.
In the event you take this medication in liquid type, gently shake the bottle earlier than ingesting. Watch out in measuring the dose utilizing a particular measuring instrument / spoon. Don't use tablespoons since you gained't get the correct amount.
In the event you really feel nauseous when taking medication, it may be accompanied by meals, milk, or antacids. Dose is decided based mostly on medical situations and response to therapy. At all times use the bottom dose, and solely in line with the really helpful time. Don’t drink greater than 15 mg per day as a result of the upper the dose the extra the danger of bleeding within the abdomen.
This medication takes as much as two weeks to get the very best outcomes. Take medication commonly to get most outcomes. Bear in mind to all the time drink on the identical time day by day. Inform the physician if the situation worsens.
This drug is greatest saved at room temperature, away from direct mild and damp locations. Don’t retailer within the rest room. Don't freeze it. Different manufacturers of this drug could have completely different storage guidelines. Observe the storage directions on the product packaging or ask your pharmacist. Preserve all medicines out of the attain of kids and pets.
Don’t flush medication in the bathroom or within the sewer except instructed. Discard this product when it has expired or whether it is now not wanted. Seek the advice of your pharmacist or native waste disposal firm about learn how to safely get rid of your product.
The data supplied is just not an alternative choice to medical recommendation. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning therapy.
What’s the dose of Meloxicam for adults?
Meloxicam dose for osteoarthritis
Preliminary dose: 7.5 mg as soon as a day
Upkeep dose: 7.5 mg as soon as a day
Most dose: 15 mg per day
What’s the dose of Meloxicam for kids?
Meloxicam dose for juvenille rheumatoid arthritis
Greater than or equal to 2 years: 0.125 mg / kg as soon as a day. Most dose: 7.5 mg per day
In what dosages is Meloxicam accessible?
Tablets: 7.5 mg, 15 mg.
Unwanted side effects
What unintended effects could be skilled because of Meloxicam?
Search medical assist instantly in the event you expertise an allergic response: hives; issue respiratory; swelling on the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Cease taking treatment and search rapid medical assist in the event you expertise critical unintended effects from meloxicam, reminiscent of:
- Chest ache, fatigue, shortness of breath, unclear speech, issues with imaginative and prescient or stability
- Stool is darkish, or bloody
- Swelling or fast weight achieve
- Urinating much less incessantly than standard or by no means
- Nausea, ache within the higher stomach, itching, lack of urge for food, darkish urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the pores and skin or eyes)
- Rashes on the pores and skin, bruises, extreme tingling
- Extreme pores and skin reactions – fever, sore throat, swelling of the face or tongue, burning eyes, painful pores and skin, a reddish or rash that spreads (particularly on the face and higher physique) and causes pores and skin to blister and peel
Much less critical unintended effects of meloxicam are:
- Abdomen aches, diarrhea, bloating
- Dizziness, nervousness, headache
- Nasal congestion or runny nostril
- Rashes on the pores and skin
Not everybody experiences the next unintended effects. There could also be some unintended effects not talked about above. When you have considerations about sure unintended effects, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Prevention & Warnings
What needs to be identified earlier than utilizing Meloxicam?
Earlier than utilizing meloxicam,
- Inform your physician and pharmacist if you’re allergic to meloxicam, aspirin or different NSAIDs reminiscent of ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), or different medicines
- Inform your physician and pharmacist about prescription or nonprescription medicine, nutritional vitamins, dietary dietary supplements, and natural merchandise that you’re taking and can use. You’ll want to point out these medicine: angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) substances reminiscent of benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), fosinopril (Monopril), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), and quinapril (Accupril); cholestyramine (Questran); diuretics (‘water pills’); lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid, and many others.); and methotrexate (Rheumatrex). Your physician could change the dosage of the drug or carefully monitor your progress from varied unintended effects
- Inform your physician when you have expertise with bronchial asthma, particularly in the event you usually expertise nasal congestion and runny nostril or nasal polyps; swelling of the arms, ft, ankles; kidney or liver illness
- Let your physician know if you’re pregnant, particularly in the event you really feel over the last months of being pregnant, plan to develop into pregnant, or are breastfeeding. In the event you develop into pregnant throughout meloxicam use, contact a health care provider
- If you’re going to do surgical procedure, together with dental surgical procedure, inform your physician or dentist that you’re utilizing meloxicam
Is Meloxicam protected for pregnant and breastfeeding girls?
There isn’t a satisfactory analysis on the dangers of drug use in pregnant or nursing girls. At all times seek the advice of your physician to contemplate the potential advantages and dangers earlier than utilizing this medication. Meloxicam is included within the class D threat of being pregnant (there’s proof of threat in pregnant girls) in line with the US Meals and Medication Administration (FDA), so it isn’t really helpful to be taken whereas pregnant.
The next are references to being pregnant threat classes in line with the FDA:
- A = No threat
- B = No threat in a number of research
- C = Perhaps dangerous
- D = There’s constructive proof of threat
- X = Contraindications
- N = Unknown
Meloxicam could be channeled by breast milk and might hurt the infant. Don’t use this medication with out telling your physician if you’re breastfeeding.
What medicines may work together with Meloxicam?
Drug interactions can change the efficiency of your treatment or enhance the danger of significant unintended effects. Not all attainable drug interactions are listed on this doc. Preserve an inventory of all of the merchandise you utilize (together with prescription / nonprescription medicines and natural merchandise) and seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist. Don’t begin, cease or change the dose of any drug with out the physician's approval.
Ask your physician earlier than utilizing antidepressants reminiscent of citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem, Symbyax), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), or sertraline (Zoloft). Utilizing one in every of these medicine with NSAIDs could cause bruising and bleed simply.
Inform your physician concerning the medicines you utilize, particularly:
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune)
- Lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)
- Diuretics (water tablets) reminiscent of furosemide (Lasix)
- Glyburide (DiaBeta, Micronase)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall)
- Blood thinners, reminiscent of warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven)
- Sodium polystyrene sulfonate (Kayexalate, Kionex)
- Steroids (prednisone and others)
- ACE substances reminiscent of benazepril (Lotensin), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace), and many others.
- Aspirin or different NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine) reminiscent of diclofenac (Voltaren), etodolac (Lodine), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Orudis), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), and others
Can meals or alcohol work together with Meloxicam?
Sure medicines shouldn’t be used when consuming or when consuming sure meals as a result of drug interactions can happen. Consuming alcohol or tobacco with sure medicine may also trigger interactions to happen. Focus on your use of medicine with meals, alcohol, or tobacco along with your well being care supplier.
What well being situations can work together with Meloxicam?
Different well being issues in your physique can have an effect on the usage of this drug. Inform your physician when you have different well being issues, particularly:
- Bronchial asthma
- Issues with bleeding
- Congestive coronary heart failure
- Historical past of coronary heart assault
- Coronary heart or blood vessel illness
- Hypertension (hypertension)
- Kidney sickness
- Liver illness
- Intestinal bleeding
- Stroke historical past unakan Use with warning. Can worsen the situation
- Aspirin-sensitive bronchial asthma – shouldn’t be given to sufferers with this situation
Coronary heart surgical procedure (coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)) el Meloxicam shouldn’t be given for ache earlier than or after surgical procedure.
What ought to I do in an emergency or overdose?
In instances of emergency or overdose, contact the emergency companies supplier (112) or instantly to the closest hospital emergency division.
Indicators of an overdose embody:
- Lack of vitality
- Throws up
- Abdomen ache
- Stool is darkish and bloody
- Vomiting blood or appears to be like like espresso grounds
- Issue respiratory
What ought to I do if I miss a dose?
In the event you neglect one dose of this medication, take it as quickly as attainable. Nevertheless, when it’s nearing the following dose, skip the missed dose and return to the standard dosage schedule. Don’t double the dose.
Hi there Well being Group doesn’t present medical recommendation, prognosis or therapy.