Notritis, Oxaflam, Tilarco, Tilflam, Xotilon, Artricom, Pilopil, Thenil and Tilcotil.
What’s Tenoxicam for?
Tenoxicam is a drug that belongs to a gaggle of medicine known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (NSAIDs), that are used to cut back irritation and ache in joints and muscular tissues and likewise scale back fever.
Tenoxicam Pill is used to deal with:
– osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
– brief time period accidents reminiscent of sprains and different tender tissue accidents.
Learn how to use tenoxicam?
At all times use Tenoxicam as your physician recommends. Ask your physician or pharmacist should you really feel uncertain. Texonicam tablets have to be taken, with water or different liquids and with meals.
Learn how to retailer Tenoxicam?
This drug is finest saved at room temperature, away from direct mild and damp locations. Don’t retailer within the rest room. Don't freeze it. Different manufacturers of this drug could have totally different storage guidelines. Observe the storage directions on the product packaging or ask your pharmacist. Hold all medicines out of the attain of kids and pets.
Don’t flush medication in the bathroom or within the sewer until instructed. Discard this product when it has expired or whether it is now not wanted. Seek the advice of your pharmacist or native waste disposal firm about the way to safely eliminate your product.
The knowledge supplied isn’t an alternative choice to medical recommendation. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning remedy.
What’s the dose of tenoxicam for adults?
The standard day by day dose is 20 mg, consumed 1 desk on the similar time on daily basis. Don’t use Tenoxicam greater than the physician recommends.
Momentary accidents: Regular remedy shouldn’t final greater than 7 days, however for extreme circumstances, it may be continued for a most of 14 days.
Aged sufferers: Your physician will use the bottom dose doable and can preserve checking on you to see if there are any unwanted side effects.
What’s the dose of tenoxicam for kids?
Security and efficacy haven’t been decided for pediatric sufferers (lower than 18 years).
At what dose is Tenoxicam accessible?
Tablets 20 mg
What unwanted side effects may be skilled because of tenoxicam?
Cease utilizing this drug and search medical assist instantly. The next could be a signal of an allergic response. For those who expertise:
- indigestion or heartburn
- lack of urge for food (anorexia)
- darkish stool
- much less blood
- abdomen ache or discomfort
- really feel or really feel sick (particularly vomiting blood or darkish particles that seem like espresso grounds)
Different well being issues embrace:
- the gathering of fluids within the physique, together with the ft, which causes swelling
- modifications in blood reminiscent of a lower in purple blood cells or white blood cells (which might make you’re feeling drained or in need of breath and might make you an infection) or different signs that will embrace sore throat, bruising or bleeding, thrush, fever, or malaise (agranulocytosis) . If these signs happen, please seek the advice of your physician
- headache and dizziness, vertigo
- usually really feel unwell
- buzzing within the ears (tinnitus)
- kidney irritation, kidney issues or kidney failure
- pores and skin rashes or itching
- blisters of the pores and skin
- irritation of the blood vessels (vasculitis)
- swollen eyes, blurred imaginative and prescient, eye issues.
Not everybody experiences the next unwanted side effects. There could also be some unwanted side effects not talked about above. You probably have considerations about sure unwanted side effects, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Prevention & Warnings
What needs to be identified earlier than utilizing tenoxicam?
Don’t use this medication if:
- You might be allergic to tenoxicam or one of many different tenoxicam elements
- You beforehand took different NSAIDs (reminiscent of ibuprofen) or aspirin and had an allergic response. This response could also be indicators of bronchial asthma (eg wheezing), runny nostril, swelling of the pores and skin or itching
- You could have, or have had a abdomen ulcer or duodenum (gut)
- Have you ever ever suffered bleeding within the abdomen or gut (gastrointestinal bleeding) or bleeding within the mind (cerebrovascular bleeding) or you have got a bleeding dysfunction
- You are taking medication to forestall blood clots (reminiscent of warfarin)
- You could have extreme liver illness, kidney or coronary heart failure
You might be pregnant or planning to change into pregnant, or you’re breastfeeding
- Your physician tells you that you just at the moment have a blood dysfunction often known as thrombocytopenia.
Inform your physician or pharmacist if you’re unsure you’re experiencing the above situations.
Is tenoxicam protected for pregnant and lactating girls?
There may be not sufficient details about security in utilizing this drug throughout being pregnant and breastfeeding. At all times seek the advice of your physician to think about the potential advantages and dangers earlier than utilizing this medication.
What medicines may work together with tenoxicam?
Though some medication is probably not taken collectively in any respect, in different circumstances some medication will also be used collectively though interactions could happen. In circumstances like this, the physician could change the dose, or do different prevention issues which can be wanted. Let your physician know if you’re taking different medicines each over-the-counter and from a prescription.
Please inform your physician or pharmacist if you’re utilizing, or have just lately stopped utilizing, one of many following medicines:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication (NSAIDs) reminiscent of aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen
- any medicine used to deal with coronary heart issues or hypertension for instance– "Water pills" reminiscent of bendroflumethiazide, furosemide or acetazolamide, beta-blockers like atenolol
- medication that forestall blood clots like warfarin
- lithium, which is used to deal with melancholy
- medication for diabetes (eg glibenclamide) cyclosporine, tacrolimus, used to forestall and deal with rejection of organ transplants and likewise utilized in immune ailments
- methotrexate, used to deal with sure forms of most cancers, or for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Corticosteroids (reminiscent of cortisol or cortisone) are used to deal with irritation
- Quinolone antibiotics to deal with infections reminiscent of ciprofloxacin
- mifepristone (taken within the final 12 days) often– prescribed by way of a hospital and used for abortion
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (medication used to deal with melancholy) reminiscent of paroxetine–
- zidovudine (a drug used to deal with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV))
Can meals or alcohol work together with tenoxicam?
Sure medicines shouldn’t be used when consuming or when consuming sure meals as a result of drug interactions can happen. Consuming alcohol or tobacco with sure medication may also trigger interactions to happen. Talk about your use of medicine with meals, alcohol, or tobacco together with your well being care supplier.
What well being situations can work together with tenoxicam?
Different well being situations that you’ve can have an effect on using this drug. At all times inform your physician when you have different well being issues.
What ought to I do in an emergency or overdose?
In circumstances of emergency or overdose, contact your native emergency companies supplier (115) or instantly to the closest hospital emergency division.
What ought to I do if I miss a dose?
For those who neglect one dose of this medication, take it as quickly as doable. However when it’s nearing the subsequent dose, skip the missed dose and return to the standard dosage schedule. Don’t double the dose.
Hiya Well being Group doesn’t present medical recommendation, prognosis or remedy.