Formyco, Formyco Cream Formyco Cre, Funet, Mycoderm, Mycoderm Mycoderm C Cream, Nizol, Solinfec / Solinfec Cream S, Toxicides, Toxid Toxid Cre Cream, Zoloral Cream Zoloral Cre, Zoloral Pill, Zoloral-SS, Anfuhex, Anfuhex Anfuh Cre Dermaral, Dexazol, Dezor Cream Dezor Cream, Dezor Shampoo, Fexazol, Fexazol Cream Fexazol Cre, Fungasol, Fungasol Cream Fungasol C, Fungasol-SS, Fungoral, Fungoral Cream Fungoral C, Grazol, Interzol, Interzol Interz Remedy Cream, Fungasol C Cream, Fungasol-SS, Fungoral, Fungoral Cream Fungazol Interzol Ketoconazole OGB Dexa, Ketoconazole OGB Dexa Kr, Ketomed, Murazid, Muzoral, Muzoral Cream Muzoral Cre, Mycoral, Mycoral Cream Mycoral Cre, Mycozid, Mycozid Mycozid Cre Cream, Mycozid Scalp Answer, Nizoral Cream Nzoral Cre, Mycoral, Mycoral Cream Mycoral Cre, Mycozid, Mycozid Cream Mycozid Cre, Mycozid Scalp Answer, Nizoral Cream Nizoral Cre, Mycoral, Mycoral Cream Mycoral Cre, Mycozid, Mycozid daktarin and ketoconazole itching.
What’s Ketoconazole for?
Ketoconazole is a medication for treating sure fungal infections within the physique. Ketoconazole belongs to the azole antifungal group which works by stopping fungus development.
Ketoconazole shouldn’t be used to deal with infections of the mind or nails. This drug can be used to deal with superior prostate most cancers.
Ketoconazole dosages and uncomfortable side effects of ketoconazole will likely be defined additional under.
How you can use Ketoconazole?
Take ketoconazole tablets as directed by your physician, normally as soon as a day. This medication can be utilized with or with out meals, however collectively meals will assist scale back abdomen ache.
If you’re taking antacids, use Ketoconazole at the least 2 hours earlier than or 1 hour after utilizing antacids, in any other case Ketoconazole will not be absorbed by the physique. See additionally the Drug interactions part for extra info.
The dosage and length of remedy are based mostly in your well being situation and therapeutic response. In youngsters, the dose can be based mostly on physique weight. This remedy takes a number of days to months.
This medication works properly when the quantity of medication in your physique stays in a relentless stage. So, use this medication at roughly the identical interval.
That will help you, use it on the similar time on daily basis.
Proceed utilizing this drug till the prescription is used up, even when signs disappear after a couple of days.
Stopping the medication too rapidly may cause re-infection.
Inform your physician in case your situation persists or worsens.
Comply with the principles given by your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning remedy. In case you have questions, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
How is Ketoconazole saved?
This drug is greatest saved at room temperature, away from direct mild and damp locations. Don’t retailer within the toilet. Don't freeze it. Different manufacturers of this drug could have totally different storage guidelines. Observe the storage directions on the product packaging or ask your pharmacist. Hold all medicines out of the attain of kids and pets.
Don’t flush medication in the bathroom or within the sewer except instructed. Discard this product when it has expired or whether it is not wanted. Seek the advice of your pharmacist or native waste disposal firm about easy methods to safely get rid of your product.
The data supplied just isn’t an alternative choice to medical recommendation. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist earlier than beginning remedy.
What’s the dose of Ketoconazole for adults?
- Ketoconazole dose for Blastomycosis: Preliminary dose: 200 mg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for Chromomycosis: Preliminary dose: 200 mg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for Coccidioidomycosis: Preliminary dose: 200 mg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for Histoplasmosis: Preliminary dose: 200 mg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for Paracoccidioidomycosis: Preliminary dose: 200 mg orally as soon as a day
What’s the dose of Ketoconazole for youngsters?
- Ketoconazole dose for youngsters with Blastomycosis: ≥2 years: 3.3-6.6 mg / kg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for youngsters with Chromomycosis: ≥2 years: 3.3-6.6 mg / kg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for youngsters with Coccidioidomycosis: ≥2 years: 3.3-6.6 mg / kg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for youngsters with histoplasmosis: ≥2 years: 3.3-6.6 mg / kg orally as soon as a day
- Ketoconazole dose for youngsters with Paracoccidioidomycosis: ≥2 years: 3.3-6.6 mg / kg orally as soon as a day
At what dose is Ketoconazole obtainable?
Ketoconazole is obtainable within the following dosages.
Tablets, Oral: 200 mg
What uncomfortable side effects will be skilled attributable to Ketoconazole?
Widespread uncomfortable side effects of ketoconazole tablets are:
- Delicate nausea, vomiting, or stomach ache
- Itching or delicate rash
- Breast enlargement; or
- Impotence or no lust
Contact your physician when you expertise critical uncomfortable side effects similar to:
- Dizziness, fainting, fast heartbeat or palpitations
- Simple bruising or bleeding, weak uncommon
- Numbness or tingling
- Extreme melancholy, confusion, or self-injury concepts; or
- Nausea, stomach ache, delicate fever, no urge for food, weak point, darkish urine, putty stools, jaundice (yellowing of the pores and skin or eyes)
Not everybody experiences the next uncomfortable side effects. There could also be some uncomfortable side effects not talked about above. In case you have issues about sure uncomfortable side effects, seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist.
Prevention & Warnings
What ought to be identified earlier than utilizing Ketoconazole?
Earlier than utilizing Ketoconazole,
- Inform your physician and pharmacist if you’re allergic to Ketoconazole or different medication or substances on Ketoconazole tablets. Ask the pharmacist or examine the Treatment Information for an inventory of medicinal substances
- Inform your physician when you use alprazolam (Niravam, Xanax); eplerenone (Inspra); ergot alkaloids similar to ergotamine (Ergomar, in Cafergot, in Migergot), dihydroergotamine (D.H.E 45, Migranal), and methylergonovine (Methergine); felodipine (Plendil); irinotecan (Camptosar); lovastatin (Mevacor); lurasidone (Latuda); midazolam (Versed); nisoldipine (Sular); simvastatin (Zocor); tolvaptan (Samsca); and triazolam (Halcion). Your physician could advise in opposition to utilizing Ketoconazole if you’re utilizing the drug or a drugs that’s on the IMPORTANT WARNING listing.
- Inform your physician and pharmacist what prescription and non-prescription medication, nutritional vitamins, dietary dietary supplements, and natural merchandise you’re utilizing. Many medication additionally work together with Ketoconazole, so you’ll want to inform your physician all of the medicines you take, even when they aren’t on this listing
- If you happen to use antacids that include aluminum, calcium, or magnesium (Maalox, Mylanta, Tums, and so on.), use 1 hour earlier than or 2 hours after utilizing Ketoconazole
- Inform your physician you probably have suffered or have suffered from any situation
- Inform your physician if you’re pregnant, planning to turn into pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you will be pregnant and are taking Ketoconazole, contact your physician instantly
- If you will do an operation, similar to a dental surgical procedure, inform your physician or dentist that you’re utilizing Ketoconazole
- It is best to know that consumption of alcohol (together with wine, beer and alcohol-containing medication similar to cough medicines) when utilizing Ketoconazole will increase the danger of liver harm and may trigger undesirable signs similar to sizzling and reddened faces, rashes, nausea, complications, and swelling within the arms, toes, ankles, or decrease legs when you devour alcohol whereas utilizing Ketoconazole
Is Ketoconazole secure for pregnant and lactating girls?
There is no such thing as a sufficient analysis on the danger of utilizing ketoconazole in pregnant or nursing girls. All the time seek the advice of your physician to contemplate the potential advantages and dangers earlier than utilizing this medication. This drug is included within the class C being pregnant threat in accordance with the US Meals and Medicine Administration (FDA)
The next are references to being pregnant threat classes in accordance with the FDA:
- A = No threat
- B = No threat in a number of research
- C = Possibly dangerous
- D = There’s optimistic proof of threat
- X = Contraindications
- N = Unknown
What medicines may work together with Ketoconazole?
Drug interactions can change the efficiency of your remedy or improve the danger of significant uncomfortable side effects. Not all doable drug interactions are listed on this doc. Hold an inventory of all of the merchandise you employ (together with prescription / nonprescription medicines and natural merchandise) and seek the advice of your physician or pharmacist. Don’t begin, cease or change the dose of any drug with out the physician's approval.
Can meals or alcohol work together with Ketoconazole?
Sure medicines shouldn’t be used when consuming or when consuming sure meals as a result of drug interactions can happen. Consuming alcohol or tobacco with sure medication may also trigger interactions to happen. Focus on your use of medication with meals, alcohol, or tobacco together with your well being care supplier.
What well being situations can work together with Ketoconazole?
Different well being issues in your physique can have an effect on using this drug. Inform your physician you probably have different well being issues, particularly:
- Historical past of liver issues
- Adrenal gland issues
- Historical past or household historical past of lengthy QT syndrome
What ought to I do in an emergency or overdose?
In instances of emergency or overdose, contact the native emergency companies supplier (112) or instantly to the closest hospital emergency division.
What ought to I do if I miss a dose?
If you happen to overlook one dose of this medication, take it as quickly as doable. However when it’s nearing the following dose, skip the missed dose and return to the same old dosage schedule. Don’t double the dose.
Howdy Well being Group doesn’t present medical recommendation, prognosis or remedy.